This past weekend, I was able to get an abundance of fresh lettuce from the Garden. There is truly nothing that beats fresh food, especially when it is straight from the ground! I decided to make a simple salad to accompany our meal, and it was so delicious, not to mention super simple!
I love to cook exotic meals, but unfortunately my full-time job prevents this. I don’t exactly enjoy eating at 9pm every night. Therefore, I am currently in the mindset that the simpler the meal is to cook, the better! If I have time, I still enjoy making an exotic meal every once in a while, that may be a bit more time consuming.
The salad I made is a great accompaniment to any meal, and can also be a stand alone meal, for a lunch. I added some nuts to the salad, and made my own dressing which really added pizzazz to the salad. I kept it in the refrigerator for several days after having the dressing on, and the salad did not get soggy. That is one of the grossest things to me – soggy lettuce!!
- 1 bunch of lettuce (choose your favorite kind, or get some from your garden!)
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, salted
- 1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Chop up lettuce. Slice onion into thin slices. Add all ingredients to salad bowl.
- In a separate container, preferably one with a lid, mix balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Pour over salad.
- Bon appetite!