I’ve had marsala wine in my cabinet for a few months now. It keeps staring at me, and begging me to do something with it, and I just haven’t taken the time to do so. I’ve wanted to make chicken marsala, but each recipe I look at looks really long and convoluted. So, I have steered away from it.
Well, I finally got the guts to just make the chicken marsala. It also helped that I had a container of mushrooms that desperately needed used up, before they spoiled. And, you know what?! It was actually very easy, and super quick to make!
I guess that bottle of chicken marsala wine will not be as intimidating to me in the future :)! So go ahead, open your bottle of chicken marsala wine, and make a delicious dinner! FYI I really like mushrooms, so I may have used a lot in my recipe!
- 2 chicken breast filets
- 1 8 oz container mushrooms
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup marsala wine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix together flour and seasonings in a bowl. Place the chicken breast filets in the flour bowl and coat each side generously.
- Place medium size skillet on stove, and pour olive oil in skillet. Heat oil. You will know it is ready when you sprinkle a few drops of water in the oil and it sizzles.
- Once oil is hot enough, place flour coated chicken in skillet. Cook a few minutes on each side until it is golden brown. Add mushrooms at end, and place lid on skillet, allowing mushrooms to cook. Add marsala wine into mushroom and chicken mixture. Cook mushrooms until softened, or about 5 minutes.
- Voila, that’s it! Enjoy!