I love warm weather! Wait, not that many months ago I was saying I couldn’t wait for cold weather! Okay, okay, I can’t make up my mind. I think I fall into the category of “variety”. I really need variety in my life. Sure there are some things I like and can do over and over again – running, baking. But even in these passions of mine, I need variety – different running routes, different things to bake, etc. Regardless, I came up with this recipe with warm weather on my mind. It is light, fresh and colorful. It certainly reminds me of Summer, and the ingredients in the recipe can certainly be picked fresh from a garden! Bonus? It’s super fast and easy to make!
Colorful Tomato Salad
- 1 container (10.5 oz) NatureSweet SunBurst tomatoes (small yellow tomatoes, you can even use cherry tomatoes)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 medium purple onion, diced.
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian dressing
- Slice SunBurst tomatoes in half. (Tip: use the sharp pointed end of knife to pierce the tomato, then slice it with the sharpest point, circumferentially. This helps decrease the juice from squirting out). Add into a medium size mixing bowl.
- Dice the red bell peppers and purple onion into 1/4 inch pieces, then add to the mixing bowl.
- Add cheese into mixing bowl. Pour KRAFT Italian dressing over ingredients in bowl. Stir with a spoon until all ingredients are generously covered in dressing.
- Serve with a Chicken fajita, as I did in the picture below for a complete meal!