American Chinese food. Every once in a while I get a craving for it. My go to? Chicken with broccoli. I absolutely love broccoli, and the thick, light brown sauce mixed with rice makes it delicious. The other day I had a rotisserie chicken that was half eaten. Well, perfect timing to have it left over, because I was in the mood for Chinese food! And what easier, faster way to make it than with an already cooked rotisserie chicken.
Be aware when you are making this recipe. Too much soy sauce is absolutely a bad thing. It will make the food taste very salty! Believe me, I’ve made this mistake :).
So here is a quick, healthy weeknight meal that you can feel good about eating.
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, peeled off bones
- 1 bag frozen broccoli
- 1 package Uncle Ben’s 90 second white or brown rice
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- Heat broccoli per package instructions.
- Add chicken, broccoli, soy sauce, cornstarch, chicken broth and garlic into medium size saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently. Heat until sauce thickens and chicken is warmed (broccoli will already be warm since it was just cooked in the microwave)
- Heat rice per package instructions. Serve with the Chinese food.